Monday, April 2, 2012

Creeper or Creeped on?

This weekend was General Conference, which is an amazing experience. Some of the general authorities in the church talk and give guidance for the next 6 months for us to look to. Every time I listen to conference, they address the things I need to hear most. If you want to check out some of the videos from conference look here, you won't regret it! Some of my favorites included Elder O. Vincent Haleck about having vision in your life, President Monson about slowing down to think of the spiritual, important things of life, President Utchdorf about contention-STOP IT!, and President Eyring about faith and challenges.

The conference was spread between four sessions over two days. It went from 10-12pm, and from 2-4pm both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday there was another meeting, Priesthood Session for the men. Usually people fall asleep during the later sessions because you are sitting and listening for a long time that day. A good way to combat that is to take a nap and get it all out of you. I decided that would be a good idea.

After the morning session, the first thing I did was make delicious monkey bread. Then people came in and out of my friend's apartment so we all talked for awhile and some hilarious things were said. I realized I would only get a 10-15 minute nap in but waited around until less was going on around me.

I took my nap right at 1:40 and woke up five minutes before it started. When I woke up I stretched and noticed Stephen Black staring at me. We both kept looking at each other because it was just weird. I looked at him and asked if he had been watching me sleep. He had a similar thought and asked me if I had been staring at him. It was a really odd moment.

Apparently we had both looked at each other at the same time, but both of us thought the other had been creepily watching for a long time. When I stretched it caught his attention and he looked at me. He was sitting directly in front of me, so he was the first person I saw when I opened my eyes. How this all worked out I have no idea. Only weird stuff like this happens to me.

As a last thing, this funny picture that describes my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment