Monday, August 13, 2012

Week Thirteen

Monday I went swimming with Ethan. Then we went to the park. It was one of those awesome old wooden playgrounds that is awesome to climb on (which I did not do). I also got bitten by approximately a million mosquitoes.

Tuesday we went to Texas Roadhouse once again. I sat with Matt, Spencer Giles, and Cassandra. It was very funny because Spencer and Cassandra are really good friends and they told stories from when they were 12 up until now.

On Wednesday, my family came! My family has not taken pictures together in about four years so we were up for a new one. We will only be in Virginia for one day all together so we got some here. As we were leaving, my dad dropped his phone and it broke. Interestingly enough, the nearest AT&T store was two doors over. So we went to look there for a new one. The one he picked was actually out of stock though so they came back another day. We ate dinner at Cracker Barrel. I had some delicious blueberry pancakes with the cutest bottle with my syrup with actual blueberries in it. At my hotel, we went and got in the hot tub, then watched the Olympics.

On Thursday we went to Hershey Park. We went on a few rides, a roller coaster and log flume and ate lunch. After lunch we went to the water park. They have long lines for the lazy river so we waited a bit for that and went around a few times. Then we went on a water slide and into the wave pool. The wave pool was fun, the waves were coming from all directions so it was a pretty good imitation of the beach. At some point there were some threatening clouds in the distance. We waited it out in the pool until it really looked like they might hit. When the thunder and lightning officially hit we had already gotten out and we beat the rush. We wandered around and found one of those shooting games. My car was pretty awful, I got half our score--mine was 72,000, and we lost to the other team. The storm passed and we went back to the water area (nobody else had changed). I went on a wooden roller coaster. We went on the monorail around the park and the town of Hershey. Then we decided to leave. It was also good timing as another storm came rolling in with no plans on stopping. We went to Wendy's for a late dinner then went home and watched the olympics again.

On Friday I went to work while my family went to Lancaster (Amish) County. We had a nice dinner of chicken alfredo, salad with my dressing, vegetables and one of my cheesecakes.

On Saturday my family headed home. After they left I went tandem skydiving!! We had to wait around for awhile though. We had a short lesson and filled out paperwork then up we went to 10,000 feet. Ethan and his instructor, and me and my instructor were crammed into a tiny plane with our pilot and I got to go first! I kind of forgot what they told me to do with all the adrenaline. When I did jump, we flipped head first a couple of times. Then we went into formation with our legs up and arms out as we free fell. It felt so weird, and it was really overwhelming. After a little bit, we let up our smaller parachute to slow us down a little bit. Then our main parachute went up and we were upright. Then we spun around a few times as we came down. I mainly looked out on the area, it was just amazing. When we landed it was like we were sliding into third base. Or well it was supposed to, according to Beth I landed on my knees and was all bunched up. Overall, skydiving was such a strange sensation, my ears hurt like crazy, and my stomach was doing flips, but it was nothing like I had ever felt before and I'm not sure there's anything else like it. The sad thing was how short it was, only a few minutes with just a fraction of that as free falling.

After skydiving we went to a YSA activity, the Sister Surprise. When we got there, all the girls had to wait to be escorted in. Ethan escorted me in, and we sat with some random people. The entire time, we hardly sat down, we were talking with friends at other tables. After dinner, the dance started. The dance was pretty fun, it started with a lady teaching us some salsa, and a couple of other dances. Then we got frostys at Wendy's. This was my last major activity!! This summer is almost over which is both saddening and very exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment